Volunteers will be available to assist you and your family. They will be wearing a red lanyard.
Olin Graduation Recognition Ceremony
Saturday, December 12, 2020
1:30 p.m. Athletic Complex, Field House
Reception immediately following
Knight Hall/Bauer Hall Atrium
- Park in Millbrook Garage in any available space that is not a RED reserved space. On Saturday, no permit is required to park. Pull a ticket to enter garage, gate will be up for exit. See map.
Sign language and accessibility:
- An American Sign Language interpreter will be present during the recognition ceremony.
- Elevators and restrooms are located in the northeast corner of Knight Hall on all three levels for the reception.
- If you or your guests require accessibility/mobility assistance we will have golf cart escorts to and from the graduation ceremony in the Athletic Complex. The pickup and drop off point will be marked with signage and is located at the bottom of the ADA ramp just outside of the southeast exit to Mudd Field closest to BH 330. Please sign up for golf cart service by November 27th.
- For guests needing wheelchairs, please contact Rosetta Saputo at 314-935-5669 or email@example.com.
- There will a professional photographer taking pictures of you receiving your diploma on stage. These photos, along with the individual photos taken after you cross the stage, will be available for viewing and purchase online within 72 hours on the Grad Images website: www.gradimages.com/
Olin Business School Graduation Recognition Ceremony Schedule
1:00 p.m. Pre-ceremony line up for graduates in Sumers Gym on the elevated track.
- Pick up your name card—this is VERY IMPORTANT. It is how the photographer identifies you after the ceremony, as well as how your name gets announced when you cross the stage to receive your diploma. DO NOT LOSE IT.
- Awardees will have a red dot on their name cards and will have specific locations in line and must sit in order in the front row during the ceremony. You will receive a separate email if you are winning an award.
- Line up graduates by program (BSBA, PMBA, SMP [all degrees], MBA) and process to Field House.
- Coat check is available from 3:00-5:00 p.m. in room BH 330, near Starbucks on the third floor of Bauer Hall.
- Graduates, please check all personal items or send valuables with family or guests so your hands are free to receive your diploma cover during the ceremony.
- Starbucks is open on the 3rd floor.
- Athletic Complex, Field House opens at 12:30 p.m. for guest seating
1:30 p.m. Ceremony in Field House
- Welcome by Dean Taylor
- Keynote Speaker – TBD
- Faculty-nominated student awards
- Presentation of candidates, Doctoral (seated on stage), BSBA, MBA, PMBA, and SMP
- Closing remarks
Immediately following the ceremony there will be a reception in Knight Hall/Bauer Hall Atrium
DEADLINE TO ORDER REGALIA: NOVEMBER 2, 2020
Regalia must be ordered by November 2. Click here to order regalia. Candidates pay for their regalia when picked up. Regalia pick up is located in the Umrath Lounge in Umrath Hall near Graham Chapel. Pick up is available from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, 12/9 through Friday, 12/11 and Saturday morning before the Chancellor’s Ceremony.
- Approximate Bachelor rental cost: $55 + tax
- Approximate Master rental cost: $85 + tax
You are responsible for returning your regalia to the bookstore. The bookstore is open on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact your Program office.
PLEASE NOTE EARLIER THE SAME DAY:
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2020 – 10:00 A.M.
The Chancellor’s Recognition Ceremony is held in the Athletic Complex on the Danforth Campus. A reception immediately follows this ceremony in the Athletic Complex, Varsity Gym.
This ceremony is managed by the Washington University Commencement Office. If you have questions about this ceremony, visit their website or call Jenny Kraus-Smith at 314-935-5985. Regalia will be worn by degree candidates at this ceremony. If you plan to attend this ceremony you can use the rental regalia for the Olin Ceremony as well.
Directions for the Chancellor’s Recognition Ceremony Candidates
By 9:00 a.m., all candidates must be in Sumers Gym to pick up their name card and line up at the assembly point designated for each school.
The grand marshal will announce the names of each candidate as she/he walks across the stage to shake hands with the Chancellor and her/his dean.
If you have any questions, please contact the Commencement Office at 314-935-5985.
Future Ceremony Dates:
Saturday, December 12, 2020
Saturday, December 11, 2021