Family and guests are welcome to join us in person. For WashU COVID-19 protocols, please review the Planning Guide for Fall Graduates.
- Masking while indoors is required in all campus buildings.
- Social distancing is encouraged at all times.
- There will be no food served during the graduation festivities. However, there will be grab and go food when you exit Olin’s reception in Knight Hall/Bauer Hall.
- All graduates, visitors, staff, and vendors will be required to complete the Washington University in St. Louis self-screening process before visiting campus.
Visitors – https://visitorscreening.wustl.edu/
Students, faculty and staff – http://screening.wustl.edu/
For the university’s ongoing COVID-19 response and frequently asked questions, visit the WashU Together website.
STUDENTS: Click here to let us know if you plan to attend the Olin Graduation Recognition Ceremony.
GRADUATE INSTRUCTIONS: Click here for the instructions emailed to graduates.
DEADLINE TO ORDER REGALIA: EXTENDED TO NOVEMBER 19, 2021
Regalia must be ordered by November 19. Click here to order regalia. Candidates pay for their regalia when picked up. Contact the Danforth Bookstore with any questions at 314-935-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Approximate Bachelor rental cost: $57 + tax
- Approximate Master rental cost: $87 + tax
- Approximate Doctoral rental cost: $90 + tax
- Pick up regalia at Umrath Lounge, December 9 and 10, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- There will be a late pick up available on December 11, 2021 in Umrath Lounge before the Chancellor’s 10:00 a.m. ceremony.
- Return regalia to the lower level of the bookstore after your ceremony.
You are responsible for returning your regalia to the bookstore. The bookstore is open on Saturdays from 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact your Program office.
Olin Graduation Recognition Ceremony
Saturday, December 11, 2021 – 1:30 p.m. CT
Athletic Complex Field House
- Park in Millbrook Garage in any available space that is not a RED reserved space. On Saturday, no permit is required to park. Pull a ticket to enter garage, gate will be up for exit. See map.
Sign language and accessibility:
- An American Sign Language interpreter will be present during the recognition ceremony.
- Elevators and restrooms are located in the northeast corner of Knight Hall on all three levels for the reception.
- If you or your guests require accessibility/mobility assistance we will have golf cart escorts to and from the graduation ceremony in the Athletic Complex. The pickup and drop off point will be marked with signage and is located at the bottom of the ADA ramp just outside of the southeast exit to Mudd Field closest to BH 330. Please sign up for golf cart service by November 27th.
- For guests needing wheelchairs, please contact Rosetta Saputo at 314-935-5669 or email@example.com.
- There will a professional photographer taking pictures of you receiving your diploma on stage. These photos, along with the individual photos taken after you cross the stage, will be available for viewing and purchase online within 72 hours on the Grad Images website: www.gradimages.com/
Olin Business School Graduation Recognition Ceremony Schedule:
1:00 p.m. Pre-ceremony line up for graduates in Sumers Gym on the elevated track.
- Pick up your name card—this is VERY IMPORTANT. It is how the photographer identifies you after the ceremony, as well as how your name gets announced when you cross the stage to receive your diploma. DO NOT LOSE IT.
- Awardees will have a red dot on their name cards and will have specific locations in line and must sit in order in the front row during the ceremony. You will receive a separate email if you are winning an award.
- Line up graduates by program (BSBA, PMBA, SMP [all degrees], MBA) and process to Field House.
- Graduates, please leave personal items and valuables with family or guests so your hands are free to receive your diploma cover during the ceremony.
- Starbucks is open on the 3rd floor.
- Athletic Complex, Field House opens at 12:30 p.m. for guest seating
1:30 p.m. Ceremony in Field House
- Welcome by Dean Taylor
- Keynote Speaker – Arvan S. Chan, MBA 09/MHA ’09, Senior Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, International, Centene Corporation
- Faculty-nominated student awards
- Presentation of candidates, Doctoral (seated on stage), BSBA, MBA, PMBA, and SMP
- Closing remarks
Immediately following the ceremony there will be a reception in Knight Hall/Bauer Hall Atrium
PLEASE NOTE THE CHANCELLORS RECOGNITION CEREMONY IS EARLIER THE SAME DAY:
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2021 – 10:00 a.m.
The Chancellor’s Recognition Ceremony is held in the Athletic Complex on the Danforth Campus. A reception immediately follows this ceremony in the Athletic Complex, Varsity Gym.
This ceremony is managed by the Washington University Commencement Office. If you have questions about this ceremony, visit https://commencement.wustl.edu/or call 314-935-8186. Regalia will be worn by degree candidates at this ceremony. If you plan to attend this ceremony you can use the rental regalia for the Olin Ceremony as well.
Key Information for the Chancellor’s Recognition Ceremony Candidates
By 9:00 a.m., all candidates must be in Sumers Gym to pick up their name cards and line up at the assembly point designated for each school.
Begins at 10:00 a.m.
If you have any questions, please contact the Commencement Office at 314-935-8186.
FUTURE CEREMONY DATES:
Saturday, December 10, 2022
Saturday, December 9, 2023